Therapeutically, grapefruit has energizing and cleansing properties, plus a unique ability to aid fat dissolution. It's therapeutic uses include: acne, antiseptic, arthritis, cellulite, depression, detoxification, disinfectant, fluid retention, headaches, mental or nervous exhaustion, menstruation, menstrual cramps, muscle fatigue, rheumatism, stiffness and stress.
- For arthritis, muscle fatigue, rheumatism, and stiffness, use 2-3 drops in a carrier oil and massage on affected areas. Can also use 3-4 drops in bath water, or use in a hot compress.
- To get rid of germs, mix 5-6 drops in a quart of water; pour into a spray bottle. Shake well before using.
- To purify air and kill airborne germs, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser. For detoxification, mix 2-3 drops in a carrier oil, and use in a full body massage. Can also use 3-4 drops in bath water.
- To stimulate delayed menstruation, use 2-3 drops in a carrier oil and massage on lower abdomen.
- For depression, headaches, mental or nervous exhaustion, and stress, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser, or use 2-3 drops on a handkerchief and periodically inhale.
- To relieve menstrual cramps, use 2-3 drops in a carrier oil and massage on lower back and abdomen. Can also be used in a hot compress.
- For acne, place 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and dab affected area. If you have highly sensitive skin, dilute with a carrier oil.